MYTERN – Take Emotional Responsibility Now Coomandook implemented the MYTERN language throughout the school, kindergarten and community in 2017 to improve student's and family's wellbeing.
What is MYTERN?
MYTERN creates a language that challenges the cultural patterns of always needing to be happy and trying to be perfect. By constantly picking everyone off the rough roads and placing them on the smooth, people are unable to build their emotional resilience.
MYTERN teaches self-regulation, replacing blame and judgement with responsibility, empathy and compassion.
MYTERN Can Help You....
- Realise that there is no need to blame people or circumstance for how you feel
- Gain control of your emotional responses to everyday stresses and challenges
- Learn that you are not failing when you drive on the rougher roads – you are building your resilience
- Realise that lifting others off the red road (due to the minor daily stressors) is not helping them to build their resilience
- It doesn't matter which road you are on, as long as you are in control