The Governing Council's Role is to involve the school community in the governance of the school to strengthen and support public education in the community.
Responsibilities of Governing Council:
- Involve the school community in the governance of the school
- Set the broad direction and vision of the school
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the school
- Monitor and review the Learning Plan
- Report to the school community and the Minister
- Determine policies for the school including policies for the safety, welfare and discipline of students
- Determine the application of the total financial resources available to the school including the regular review of the budget
- Employ persons, except as teachers, School Support Officers or Grounds Persons, as members of the staff of the school on terms and conditions approved by the Chief Executive
Ordinary meetings of the Governing Council are generally convened on the fourth Monday of each month during school terms. Non Governing Council members are welcome to attend meetings, please contact the Chairperson or Secretary for permission.
The council is composed of parent, student and staff representatives, a nominee from the Parents and Friends Association and two community representatives. The parent representatives are elected for a two year term at the Annual General Meeting, which is held in Term 1. Half of the parent representatives retire each year.
Governing Council Members 2020
- Chairperson: Louise Pitt
- Vice Chairperson: David Peter
- Secretary: Shannon McPhee
- Treasurer: Lee Slape
- Counsillors: Cristy Spry, Karen Schmerl, Leah Kowald, Fleur Kleinig, Marie Peterson
- Community Representative: Joy Little
- Local Govt Representative: Lisa Rowntree
- Staff Representatives: Stephanie Lee
- Principal: John Sutton
- Student Representative: Jayden Pitt