The Coomandook Area School Student Representative Council has been established for many years and consists of peer elected executives. Our student leaders are inducted at a special school assembly. These roles give students the opportunity to show leadership and be involved in school decision making.
The SRC meet on a regular basis to discuss matters brought before it by students, discuss matters referred by the Principal and to organise fundraising activities. The SRC are involved in many activities which include:
- Organise multiple casual clothes days
- Catering for sports days
- Host school assemblies
- Worlds Greatest Shave event
- Tour guides and ushers for various events
- Raise money to improve school facilities
- Red Nose Day, Jeans for Genes participation
- MC annual presentation nights
- Organise and run school socials
The SRC supports a range of charities every year, including sponsorship of a World Vision child. Representatives sit on various school and Governing Council committees such as Uniform, Assets and Grounds and attend Governing Council meetings.
The SRC take positive actions to ensure that Coomandook Area School is a safe and happy environment for all students. We encourage all students to consider becoming an SRC representative.