External Review Report
The purpose of external school review is to support schools to raise student achievement and sustain high performance. The transparent process contributes to the realisation of the department's strategic plan to:
• Build a high performing system
• Provide quality assurance
• Build public confidence in SA government schools
Schools are externally reviewed to evaluate school performance and effectiveness.
The key focus areas are:
• Student learning - achievement, growth, challenge, engagement, and equity
• Effective teaching - considered to be the largest single influence on student achievement
• Leadership - that create a professional culture and supports the development of highly effective teaching
• Engaged families and communities - who are considered partners in student learning
• An improvement agenda - the use of coherent processes and practices within a cycle of self review
The external review process is intended to strengthen the focus on learning and verify or challenge the schools' self review findings.
The process evaluates the rigour of improvement practices or capacity to achieve or sustain improvement over time
Coomandook Area School External Review 2021.PDF (3MB)